Cooking Raw Recipes
Cucumber Yogurt Salad
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
- Large Mixing bowl
- Electric grinder utilized for spices only
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- ¼ Cup sweet Red Onion
- 1 Cucumber sliced and cut in ½
- 2 Teaspoons black peppercorn
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 to 4 Cups plain yogurt
- Grind pepper and cumin and until finely ground. Mix cucumber, chopped tomato, sweet red onion, and spices. Toss lightly so that the flavors of the spices mix in.
- Add yogurt, and toss gently until all vegetables are coated evenly. It can be served immediately, or put in refrigerator and chilled. Garnish this dish with finely sliced.
- To make this a dish for those with lactose intolerance, use the recipe for almond milk as a substitute for yogurt.