Cooking Raw Recipes
- Food processor
- Spiralizer machine
- Measuring spoons/cups
- 3 medium ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes (soak in just enough warm water to cover the tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup onion
- ¼ cup celery stalks
- ¼ cup red peppers
- ¼ cup green peppers
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pitted dates (soaked 20-30 minutes) *
- 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch sea salt, optional
- To prepare the marinara, combine all the ingredients, in food processor and pulse a few times to blend. The mixture should be chunky.
- Top the zucchini “spaghetti” with the Marinara sauce and enjoy with Caroline’s Handmade Flax Seed Crackers!
* Unique Ingredient: Medjool Date
"Originally from Morocco, the Medjool Date was reserved for royal hosts and other dignitaries. Centuries later, in the 1920's, disease threatened the existence of the Medjool Date in Morocco. In a radical move to save the Medjool, the Chariff of Morocco gave the United States, 11 immature palms to replant.
One place in particular that serves the palm very well is the Bard Valley. The palms flourish in the dry heat and low rainfall with an enriched farmland from the passing Colorado and Gila rivers. The proximity to these rivers allows abundant irrigation for the trees root structure. Bard Valley now produces 70% of the Medjool dates in the United States market." http://www.medjooldates.com/history.html
These dates and others are natural sweeteners.